OutFront live Mon. – Fri. 7p ET

Four others were wounded, including three critically, at a school north of Seattle, two federal law enforcement sources said. Erin Burnett has the latest.
April 11th, 2012

The 9/11 fake: A 'survivor' who was never there

She was believed to be one of the lucky ones: a woman who worked in the Twin Towers and was in her office that morning when the planes came. Somehow, she told people, she survived. In the process, she lost friends and saw her life shattered, but she overcame, becoming an advocate for 9/11 families.

A wonderful story of survival if not for the fact that none of it was true. CNN's Brooke Baldwin talked to a filmmaker and author who got to the bottom of the story, which they call "The Woman Who Wasn't There."

Filed under: News
  1. Wowieee

That lady wants your attention and pity. That tiffany co jewelry sent her a ring cuz she claimed that she lost her marriage ring. Wowwieee!. She's trying to make it look like she's a heroes cuz she s spanish with white looks. Now I can't trust nobody.

April 21, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Reply
  2. holy diver

The only 911 this idiot ever saw is when she steps on the scale in her bathroom.

April 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Reply
  3. Aaron Burns

Say what you will, that lady has balls. Gigantic friggin balls.

April 13, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Reply
  4. nukethem

Story was to long

April 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Reply
  5. Jaw

Just beautiful! Not only this women lied all this time, got the attention, the fame, not to mention the money she must have
    pulled with all this on a world scale, now this guy comes up with a book, still making a fortune out of lies!!! Wake up people
    and stop feeding these non-sence...

April 12, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Reply
  6. Army4Ever

9/11 was an inside job with the U.S. and Israel. 5 Israelis were arrested that day. Google/YouTube 5 Dancing Israelis or the cop, Scott DeCarlo that arrested them. Thousands of Architects & Enginners, Pilots, and Firefighters call B.S. Google/YouTube PENTACON. The cab driver at the Pentagon thought he was off camera and admitted he was driven there and it's all a lie. The third building WTC7 not hit by a plane and collapses out of sympathy. Marvin Bush was tied to the security company for the towers and airports. Unreacted thermite and Iron microspheres were found in the rubble of all three buildings. The Pentagon damage PRIOR to collapse was only a 12ft round hole. Last but not least my First Sergeant was there when it happened and informed our Bn there was no plane, bodies, debris and that they were told what the story was and to keep there mouths shut. Research people please! You're not crazy for seeing the truth and yes this is a conspiracy.

April 12, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Reply
    • outlawlemur

You REALLY think 9/11 was a conspiracy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

April 14, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Reply
  7. CaliGemm

What a fat piece of trash!

April 12, 2012 at 11:58 am | Reply
  8. Yall Suck

Get off your high horses people. Posting Internet comments proves you are all losers, bigger losers than this woman. At least she helped people instead of grousing about crap online. Try getting lives you turds.

April 12, 2012 at 11:50 am | Reply
    • outlawlemur

Yet you take the time to tell us of this. Thank you for sharing that

April 14, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  9. Wendie

Tell me she did not need attention that bad. My god, there are people that really did loose family and friends. How can you do something that horrible and morbid. You should feel so much shame.

April 12, 2012 at 11:36 am | Reply
  10. jjfjtj

WHY ARE THESE FAKERS ALWAYS FAT!!!

April 12, 2012 at 11:12 am | Reply
  11. Terrence

Low but not at all surprising.

April 12, 2012 at 11:01 am | Reply
  12. twistedsistah10458

Exactly, who would say they were if they weren't? It wouldn't be thought of to question it and run a background check. It's like those people that tell everyone they have cancer and accept donations...dirt bags!

April 12, 2012 at 10:53 am | Reply
  13. hUGO

just like obama's future claim that he alone had captured bin Laden.

April 12, 2012 at 9:59 am | Reply
    • Cooki

Just like Mitt Romney says he's fighting for women's rights. Just like George Bush said he didn't cause our current financial crisis. Just like Dick Cheney said he is not dead (5 heart transplants. He's a zombie).

April 12, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Reply
  14. Fake 9-11 Survivor

April 12, 2012 at 9:41 am | Reply
  15. Miracle

This is more disgusting than her lard looking ass. What a insult to the real survivors and people who die there and there filled.

April 12, 2012 at 8:30 am | Reply
  16. Viiny

So that makes her a pathological lier or just some attention seeking $@$21?

April 12, 2012 at 5:12 am | Reply
  17. Tyler

Can't you tell by the looks of her, if she was even in the world trade center that day she def would have not made it out.. i mean unless she was in the bakery downstairs when it happened lol.

April 12, 2012 at 4:03 am | Reply
    • Cooki

THAT was funny!!! LOL!!!

April 12, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  18. Caiha

Hm... I don't think I said anything offensive, why does my post need moderation? Oh well... I guess it doesn't really matter.

April 12, 2012 at 3:50 am | Reply
  19. Caiha

This is just weird. I know people who really did survive, and they're just back living their lives again, no show, no speaking tours, no CNN, just 8-4 in an office just like they were doing on 9/10. Maybe I'm an idiot, in fact, I'm sure I am, but I just don't get why a fake got attention when the real deal just went back to work after finding new jobs... still right there in Manhatten.

April 12, 2012 at 3:49 am | Reply
  20. malacha77@gmail.com

I'm gonna take a wild guess that this woman didn't get a lot of attention or empathy as a child and now she's getting her fill.

April 12, 2012 at 2:08 am | Reply
  21. bobo

Come on people don't be so judgement, she obviously survived by eating her way out of the rubble.

April 12, 2012 at 1:50 am | Reply
  22. robrodriguez

April 12, 2012 at 1:49 am | Reply
  23. wolfen

Would she be as hated if she was hot? Or, at the least, just not fat? Or rich?

April 12, 2012 at 1:48 am | Reply
  24. YO MAMA

Please let me get through this life without doing something so unethical that it will make the news.
    I'm well aware all my family will want to strangle me for generations.
    That she doesn't seem to "get it" is way out there; she should be studied by shrinks the world over.

April 12, 2012 at 1:44 am | Reply
  25. OldCorpsEd

Why is this fraud not named?

April 12, 2012 at 12:12 am | Reply
  26. al

melodramatic Americans? where did they say she's from again?
    anyhoo, fits the description of narcissist perfectly. and probably pathological liar as well. what a piece of work!

April 12, 2012 at 12:06 am | Reply
  27. Wow...HowProfound!

From the look of her, she has to manufacture excitement in her boring life. Holy beached whale, Batman!!

April 11, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Reply
    • J Med

Yeah her weight has a lot to do with it, you dbag.

April 12, 2012 at 1:50 am | Reply
    • Outsider

Really? That's all you've got? A comment on her weight? She may be an attention seeking liar, but you are a shallow dimwit with nothing to add to the conversation.

April 12, 2012 at 11:38 am | Reply
  28. lateefah

She is absolutely pathetic.

April 11, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Reply
  29. JeffinIL

She probably has medals from serving in Viet Nam too.

April 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Reply
  30. kate in ohio

This is really sad and totally crazy at the same time. She is an insult to all those who actually lost someone on that day and lives with the pain each and every day. At the same time, this woman really needs some help. To be that much of a liar and to go that far is totally incredible. This was a lesson in attention getting at its lowest level.

April 11, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Reply
    • outlawlemur

Completely..... I wish CNN had some sort of up-vote system

April 14, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Reply
  31. Papa Joe

Golly it only took 11 years to discover this????? WTH ???

April 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Reply
  32. maggotfist

Sensationalism, ....lol

April 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Reply
  33. Okie Dokie

To unattractive men and women who never got laid- it's not everything! Love yourself first.

April 11, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Reply
  34. Jokersmoker

Looks like she got a lot of free meals, too.

April 11, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Reply
  35. Eman de Riuqer

Some people will do anything for attention, even posting comments on CNN that state that some people will do anything for attention.

This is of course sad, but it serves as a good reminder that we should all take anything anyone tells us with a healthy dose of salt.

April 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  36. Istrt

Soon the world will also find out it wasn't Al-Qaeeda but Al-Bush who was actually behind the attacks or at least the puppet for it.

April 11, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Reply
  37. CARI

YOU JUST DONT WANNA THINK THAT PEOPLE ARE GONNA LIE ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS...SHE'LL GET HERS!!!

April 11, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Reply
  38. arthurrrr

SHE IS A MENTALLY ILL PIG.

April 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Reply
  39. Dewda, SF, CA

Unfortunately, there will always be people to take advantage of a disaster. Opportunist come from every strata. We only have to look at the opportunists that everyday teach us that it will be okay to take advantage. To gain whatever is necessary to get ahead. These teachers are our politicians.

April 11, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  40. Resident Alien

LMAO! This shows how melodramatic the Americans are?

April 11, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Reply
    • liberalNN

@Resident Alien no you d!p$h!t, it shows how selfish & awful some individuals can be.

April 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Reply
      • QDV

Don't forget "prejudiced."

April 12, 2012 at 12:21 am | Reply
    • Kyle

I love how incredibly "racist" every European I've met is. That's the only word there is for it. They're well past "stereotyping", they're just downright racist.

Throwing in "typical American" any time anything ever happens with an American.

Yes. The world gets it, you don't like Americans. Get over yourself. Your raising is 90% of your personality, get over it – American's are typically religious, and very from the dumbest of the dumb, to the cream of the crop.

I'm a Canadian, and "you people" make me sick.

April 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Reply
      • Kyle

vary* lol.

April 11, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Reply
    • Patrick G

Show here picture everywhere and call her what she is a FRAUD!!!!!!! so she can't dupe anyone again. Turn it right back on her

April 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Reply
    • MrsFizzy

Psst! Hate to break it to you but there are self-aggrandizing fantasists the world over...;)

April 12, 2012 at 12:44 am | Reply
    • Annah

She is a citizen of Spain...not America

April 12, 2012 at 7:33 am | Reply
    • Jason M

Tania Head is from Spain, and not an American... She didn't even travel to the US until 2003. Thanks for watching the story prior to mindlessly interjecting yourself...

April 12, 2012 at 8:45 am | Reply
    • Paul

If you watch the video clip you will see she is from Barcelona. Doh!

April 12, 2012 at 8:48 am | Reply
    • Charlie's Mom

@Resident Alien – this woman is from Spain. She's not American. Your post shows how ignorant some resident aliens are.

April 12, 2012 at 9:10 am | Reply
    • Will

Don't feed the troll.

By the way, I love how ldiots like "liberalNN" imply that CNN is liberal, even though it's run by a multinational corporation whose bored is staffed with billionaires who spend every waking moment postrating for Wall Street/big corporations. They don't spend enough time talking about his Space Fairy (Jayzuss) though so I guess that makes them liberal.

April 12, 2012 at 9:19 am | Reply
      • TKH1957

Huh?!?!? What the hell are you smoking??? CNN is pro-liberals, pro-Obama, and anyone who has followed CNN for any time at all can clearly see that...unless, of course, they're blinded by their own bias. Billionaires on the staff have nothing to do with the fact that most of the stories are biased. And your "Space Fairy" comment shows another bias...you better go back to playing video games and ask your mommy for a cookie...leave rational discussions to the adults. Bye bye...now go off and play.

April 12, 2012 at 9:44 am | Reply
        • Andrew

Nice ad hominems, how exactly does one not supporting Christianity make one more apt to live in their proverbial parent's basement? Of course I don't expect a reply with any cogency or coherence.

April 12, 2012 at 10:14 am | Reply
        • Completely Irrational Child

"What the hell are you smoking?"
          "...you better go back to playing video games and ask your mommy for a cookie...leave rational discussions to the adults. "
          "rational discussions"
          "rational"

For someone so rational and adult, you are awfully condescending. What an internet tough guy.

April 12, 2012 at 10:50 am | Reply
        • Pak09

As there was nothing rational or adult about your comment, you should probably follow them on out.

April 12, 2012 at 11:19 am | Reply
      • Meh

Didn't know corporations get bored.

April 12, 2012 at 10:03 am | Reply
      • "...whose "bored" is staffed..."?

You illiterate hill scoggin, perhaps you should spend every waking moment of your near future studying the spelling of the English language. You're evidently too bored yourself.

April 12, 2012 at 10:48 am | Reply
    • deborah chartier

Melodramatic? Idiot, so many people lost their lives that day and we as AMERICANS tend to come together during a tragedy and that's one of the this gs that makes Americans what we are, we as regular people care for each other as well as the rest of the world, yes even yOU , why do you thi k we are everywhere? Because we care, we have sympathy fool. When something awful happens in your country if your not American, and God I hope your not, and you need help who shows up? This woman played on our feelings for those survivors, and to lie like she did is a terrible betrayal for those that were truly there, those families still struggling to survive without their loved ones, you have no insight into what she really did, how wrong it truly was for many. No, not melodrama, its called comoassion, caring, and its called pride. We are full of pride people in this country because we have the freedom and the ability to help one another, and when one such as her does something so reprehensible to the memory of those that paid a horrible price for some lunatics agenda, well that just breaks our hearts. Your an Idiot and your comment is ignorant, and insulting, if your from another country good, because we don't need people like you here, if your American, shame on you, shame on you , kudos though for being stupid.

April 12, 2012 at 9:46 am | Reply
    • J

@Resident Alien, you're right. Every American is that woman. You're so smart. Look at you thinking with that little brain of yours. How cute.

April 12, 2012 at 10:28 am | Reply
    • Dean

She was from, and in, Spain on 9/11. But, yeah, stupidity is only an American trait right numnutz?

April 12, 2012 at 11:03 am | Reply
  41. Sion Davies

Thats crazy, that all people had to do was do a tiny bit of background checking to find the truth, but who would do that or ask her when she supposedly went through such a life changing ordeal. Would of been an insult to come out and say " your lying" if she really wasn't.

April 11, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Reply
    • Lars

@Sion Davies I wish people who put comments here would please use proper grammar and spelling. It hurts your credibiity when you use "could of" and you should be using "could've" and when you use "thats" instead of the correct "that's" and when you use "your" when you should be using "you're". It shows you didn't pay enough attention in school or that you're intellectually lazy, which makes me think that now you probably don't pay enough attention to what's going on around you, rendering your opinion less important than others. I'll get off my soap box now but I see so much of this that I just had to say somethig about it.

April 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Reply
    • MrsFizzy

I'm sure of heard of other '911 survivor' stories like this, and people just took them at their word. It's pretty low!

April 12, 2012 at 12:45 am | Reply