May 4th, 2012

Tyra Banks: Vogue decision is 'amazing'

Tyra Banks talks to CNN's Erin Burnett about Vogue magazine's decision not to use models who are too young or thin.

Filed under: News • Real Headlines
  1. Tusha Richmond

Awesome, even though some women are naturally slim, most of them starve themselves to meet measurements that are unrealistic.

May 9, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Reply
    • sunnystyle

I totally disagree. Not all "slim" women starve themselves. Staying away from fast food, eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise will do wonders. The better body tone also results in fewer inches. The extra added value bonus is that most people can actually eat more and weigh less and are healthier as a result of diet/exercise. I am not "naturally" slim, but using this method I have a 2900 calorie per/day diet and still maintain my size 4.

May 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Reply
  2. Donica

Although everyone is beautiful in their own skin, 14 is unhealthy and would b setting the same unhealthy standards as the overly skinny models, and14 is'nt real woman size I'm a 23 yr old curvey size 4 waist and a size 7 butt and when I was modeling I got turned down so much and they kept telling I should model for plus size stores smh real woman size is 6-14 in my opinion

May 9, 2012 at 8:50 am | Reply
    • Donica

This was I'm reply to "Real woman change the world"

May 9, 2012 at 8:54 am | Reply
  3. J

-Did you know, she carries a hatchet in her clutch purse, to use on unsuspecting victims of her outbursts....!? Just look at those eyes...! _At least she know how to eat, but watch out if she slips the knife off the table when you're not looking...!

May 8, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Reply
  4. Evelyn

Good example

May 8, 2012 at 5:13 am | Reply
  5. hmmm

um vogue doesnt do couture shows...

May 7, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Reply
  6. older sista

Just how many of us really give a tinkers dammm WHAT Vogue does or says?? I could make a house payment with the money they suggest I spend on a skirt. All of it is so unreal as to be totally uninteresting....as is Ms. Banks.

May 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Reply
  7. jasmine

hay i love you good jod love jasmine

May 7, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Reply
  8. Real Women Represent the Real World!

Whatever... I will be impressed with Vogue and Fashion Designers when they start using real women size models (14+) for couture shows. That will deserve praise!

May 7, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Reply
    • realist

since when did real women become size 14+? Thats just an excuse to accept Americas never ending obesity problem. Average women probably is a 4-8?

May 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Reply
    • sunnystyle

I am 5'2", weigh 132 and wear a 4/6. If I were a size 14 I would be considered medically obese. Being a real women does not necessarily have to include being fat. I am healthy and fit, I have curves, but I'm not skinny and I'm not fat.

May 7, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Reply
    • PatrĂ­cia

I totaly agree with you!!

May 8, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Reply