September 12th, 2012

Actress from anti-Islamic film: "This makes me sick to my stomach"

The angry protests against the U.S. in Libya and Egypt are blamed in part on an amateur film called "Innocence of Muslims" that ridicules the Prophet Mohammed.

It portrays the Prophet Mohammed as gay, a child molester, a "murderous thug". It depicts Islam as a fraudulent religion.

OutFront Tonight: CNN's Miguel Marquez, who spoke to an actress who worked on the film.

Filed under: Egypt • Libya • News • OutFront Exclusive
  1. Morgan Hill

Hey, John, I sense you are a very sad and hateful person. You're full of anger and you sound like you enjoy watching others incite hate and terror upon others. Yes, free speech is a legitimate right, however, anytime your actions are with the intention of hurting others than you should be held responsible. The director is a coward, he can dish it out but he can't stand up to face the consequences, what an ignorant shameful idiot. His days are numbered.

September 14, 2012 at 12:42 am | Reply
  2. john

Amazing how Erin attacks the film.....CNN are cowards...stand up for freedom of the press! Freedom of speech!

September 13, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Reply
  3. john

This film maker is braver than our leaders....sad....

September 13, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Reply
    • henry

john you are a typical american idiot thats all i have to say

September 13, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Reply
  4. john

where can I get this film.....i just made popcorn!

September 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Reply
  5. Chuck Denk

If I were one of the people duped into playing a part in "Innocence of Muslims" under false pretenses like the woman Miguel Marquez interviewed, I'd very seriously look into the whether it would be legally possible to file a lawsuit against the director, who didn't have the guts to attach his real name to what ended up being what I seriously believe is a hate crime.

Presuming there is nothing in the contract that would legally preclude filing a lawsuit, it seems that the cast members who were duped into participating in "Innocence of Muslims" under false pretenses, that has so far resulted in the deaths of 5 Americans and the 10 Libyans trying to protect the Americans, those actors/actresses should have ground to file a class-action lawsuit for emotional distress at the very least.

Last, but certainly not least, it appears to me that the Director should be charged with committing a hate crime. As much as I feel that the Director should also be held criminally liable for the 14 deaths in Libya, I don't see how that would be possible – unless it could be established as a felony murder linked to the hate crime. Wrongful Death civil suits should have a much stronger footing to stand on though.

September 13, 2012 at 1:55 am | Reply
    • john

Free speech a hate crime?......you really don't know what it is to be American.....

September 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Reply
    • A

Let's be honest here. Whether the film is insulting or not is one thing. But the film didn't result in those deaths. The barbaric, thuglike reactions of a set of backward peoples resulted in those deaths. If my neighbor came over and showed me a picture of Jesus rap ing a child, and I pulled out my gun and shot a different neighbor, should the first neighbor be charged with a hate crime? No, you would say I should be charged with murder. Likewise, let the killers face their consequences.

September 16, 2012 at 10:38 am | Reply