CNN's Ali Velshi and John Avlon prepare for a bus trip through four swing states.
CNN’s John Avlon (@JohnAvlon) hit the road on the CNN Election Express to interview voters in four swing states. The road trip will start in Boca Raton, Florida, the morning after the third presidential debate.
For the first week of the tour, you can follow the schedule of stops through Florida and North Carolina, on the CNN Election Express’ twitter feed @CNNExpress.
Tuesday, October 23
Boca Raton, FL
- Velshi and Avalon launch the road trip from the site of the third, and final, presidential debate.
- Lakeland sits in the heart of the I-4 corridor, long known for swing voters.
701 East Main Street
Lakeland, FL 33801
Wednesday, October 24
Winter Park, FL
- The CNN Election Express will park at Central Park in the heart of a shopping and restaurant district.
214 South Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
Thursday, October 25
- Eola Park is a popular place for locals to run, walk, eat, date, and just generally meet up in downtown Orlando.
151 East Washington St.
Jacksonville Beach, FL
- This beach town in Duvall County is a popular spot with locals, who will be gearing up for the University of Florida – University of Georgia football game happening that weekend in Jacksonville.
Friday, October 26
- Winston Square Park is the locals’ gathering space in the central restaurant district downtown.
310 Marshall St N.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Saturday, October 27
- Winston Square Park
- Washington and Lee, the historic University in the mountains of Virginia, is one of the three schools that make Lexington hop. The CNN Election Express will host a town hall-style event with seniors from Washington and Lee, Virginia Military Institute, and Southern Virginia University. We’ll ask these seniors who voted for the first time four years ago what they think of their second presidential election?
Sunday, October 28
Washington and Lee
- An historic and picturesque suburb of Washington, D.C., the CNN Election Express will park in Old Town by the Manassas Railway station.
9417 West Street
Manassas, VA 20110