OutFront live Mon. – Fri. 7p ET

After the announcement of American Alan Gross being released from a Cuban prison, President Obama announces an end to an approach he says "for decades has failed" U.S. interests.
February 18th, 2013

World's Largest Yacht Docks in New York City

The world's largest yacht docks in New York City. Erin Burnett gives us a look at the $1.5 billion boat, the Eclipse.

What would you do with $1.5 billion?

Filed under: International • The Number
  1. Rick

Good thing he doesn't waste his money on charity.

February 25, 2013 at 12:51 am | Reply
  2. Joey at Purdue Univ

Roman Abramovich, I'm real happy for you & I'mma let you finish, but I just got a re-tweet from T. Boone Pickens, the guy who 1st got me interested in Nat Gas & energy equities. To paraphrase Kanye, "Greatest RT of all time... Of All Time..."

February 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  3. Jan Mcdonald

I would help the 47% of Americans that are struggling to survive, as far as the money would go.

February 20, 2013 at 8:56 am | Reply
  4. Peter

1.5 billion!!!! it just a number for the rich people..

February 20, 2013 at 5:50 am | Reply
  5. huebird60

i would pay off my bills, buy what I need, plus a few things I don't, set my kids up for life, so they don't have to worry like I have, help my family and some of my husband's family, and my friends. The charities would be happy, too! I would definitely share the wealth! I think it would be boring, being rich when everyone around you isn't.

February 20, 2013 at 3:50 am | Reply
  6. gregorypierce

A MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM? Holy crap!!!

February 20, 2013 at 2:51 am | Reply
  7. gregorypierce

A MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM?!? Holy crap!

February 20, 2013 at 2:51 am | Reply
  8. Captain falcon

I would buy a yacht

February 20, 2013 at 2:48 am | Reply
  9. all5099

I would invest it in research to create an inexpensive energy source. Then patent the successful end result and give it away freely to be used by anyone who wants it. I think that would resolve about 75% of all our global problems. All this, of course, after I designed and built a supremo craftsman style house next to a trophy lake where I could cast a fly right off my deck.

February 20, 2013 at 2:39 am | Reply
  10. Bradley Keller

I hope he is a nice guy. I wouldn't mind being his friend. Wonderful Ship!

February 20, 2013 at 2:33 am | Reply
  11. davidlee

I'm not a socialist, but this type of greed is ridiculous. You can have the boat. The guilt I would feel knowing that many innocent kids and parents who are not asking for handouts are in need. How bout a million dollar boat and to inspire and educate thousands?

February 20, 2013 at 2:20 am | Reply
  12. rudy

make him a u s citizen and get me a job,save the gas and pay the president position, not lmao seriously moneny.

February 20, 2013 at 2:12 am | Reply
  13. Ali Alateya

for 1.5 B i would plan for early retirement with couple millions & frankly i don't know what to do with the rest ... :P

February 20, 2013 at 1:55 am | Reply
  14. Darik Terfa

I will keep 300 million and travel around the poorest countries in the world specially Africa help those people desperately needs it.... Like clean water, shelter and food.

February 20, 2013 at 1:45 am | Reply
  15. Jamie Levine

I'm all for nice things but even if 1.5 billion were chump change to me, I don't think I could ever justify the amount of gross excess this man's boat is. I could think of about 1.5 billion ways to do more good with that amount of cash

February 20, 2013 at 1:44 am | Reply
  16. jokiex

I'm sorry. I'm not impressed with this guy or his boat. Princess Cruises is good enough for me.

February 20, 2013 at 1:34 am | Reply
  17. Mari H.

It's ugly...on the outside, anyway!

February 20, 2013 at 1:28 am | Reply
  18. Mike

With $1.5bil? I'd make do with a much smaller boat, a cabin cruiser perhaps, and put the rest of the money to better use . . .

February 20, 2013 at 1:17 am | Reply
  19. Andrew Hester

$1.5 billion, I'd start my own business/corporation, pay for college, build my dream home and put the 1-1.4 billion left over in a bank account or all but 100 million into my business.

February 20, 2013 at 1:11 am | Reply
  20. Gunny

Buy a smaller boat and get change.

February 20, 2013 at 1:09 am | Reply
  21. mc

If I had 1.5 billion dollars... hmmm... I would buy a house and two cars, put 100 million in an account, and start a charity with the remaining 1.4 billion. That kind of money can help lots of people, or it can spoil the heck out of a Russian.

February 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Reply
  22. Joey at Purdue Univ

"I'd probably take whatever's left & just split it up so everybody that I love could have a couple bucks;
    And not a single tummy around me would know what hungry was, Eating good, sleeping soundly;
    I know we all have a similar dream, Go in your pocket pull out your wallet, put it in the air and sing"
    (by Travie McCoy)

February 19, 2013 at 9:47 am | Reply
  23. Ken Landriau

You said you wouldn't dive into the pool. Too bad – you won't get to see the yacht. If you agree to dive into the pool, with or without hair spray, you're welcome aboard.

February 19, 2013 at 8:22 am | Reply