March 6th, 2013

Taylor Swift fires back at Tina Fey and Amy Poehler over 'sexist' remarks

CNN's Erin Burnett talks about singer Taylor Swift's choice words for comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

Filed under: E-Block
  1. Amelia

I find Taylor uninspired and flat, over all. I mean, her songs are not "heartfelt" or "deep". They are just little mainstream pop songs about boys and corrupted love. There are the occasional good songs, such as "Safe and Sound", and dare I say, "Love Story", because it wasnt so digitally influenced. It seems Taylor has taken a long road of development, but perhaps not for the better. I miss her old self, where she seemed to revolve more around country music, or at the very least, true love. Not a world of "we are never getting back together"'s. Compared to Lady Gaga, an inspirational, talented artist with a beautiful message of global acceptance, she is nothing, to be frank.

March 9, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Reply
  2. Mary

Was it something about being a serial dater? I don't see anything wrong with that. Maybe Taylor is being too sensitive. I told my daughter about Taylor being called that and then I told my daughter this is what she is too! She told me she really can relate to Taylor. I just think sometimes you got to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince. There is nothing really wrong with it.

March 9, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  3. Bria

Is she going to write a song about how that offended her too? If that is how she portrays herself, then she should expect people to point it out. This girl is overly sensitive and obviously can't handle comedians. I mean, honestly? "There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women." Grow the backbone you've lost since you became famous.

March 9, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Reply
  4. lily

people need to STOP being mean to her just because her song are about love. OK

March 8, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Reply
  5. Karloff

Too bad Swift can't write a song about this–all she writes about is breaking up with guys. Broaden your scope, Taylor...and get a sense of humor.

March 8, 2013 at 10:24 am | Reply
  6. Andrea

Thank you, Erin Burnett, could not have said it better. I am generally a fan of Taylor Swift, but she needs to calm down. If you can't laugh at yourself, you are going to have a long, rough, road ahead of you.

March 8, 2013 at 7:45 am | Reply
  7. NsfwJonathan

I don't particularly care if Taylor Swift got butthurt by a joke. It was a joke, meant lightheartedly. How does Taylor think her songs about her Ex's make them feel? Grow up and learn to laugh at yourself a little, Ms. Swift.

March 7, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  8. Brad in Seattle

If she doesn't want to be made fun of, stop providing fodder for everyone to make fun of.

While most people used to say "Oh, that poor girl, those boys must have treated her bad", after several years and several men of the SAME RESULT, perhaps she should look in the mirror and write about what she sees. The thing that all those relationships and hurt/disappointment/break-ups have in common is her.

March 7, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Reply
  9. Allen

Taylor Swifts career has been based on writing songs about braking up with a boy friend. This seems to be why guys are hesitant about dating Taylor. Who would want to be criticize in a song, or wants the reason for the breakup to appear in a song.

March 7, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Reply
    • Joey at Purdue Univ

Her songs are kinda insipid, but I'd be willing to take that chance.

March 7, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Reply
      • Brian in the Loo

Absolutely. If she's willing to make a song about me, she has to be willing to have the world see the secret tapes I made...

March 7, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Reply
    • Guest

Life is not a fairytale, not every relationship ends on good terms. When they don't, the persons won't have good things to say about each other afterwards. Isn't this normal?

Taylor's problem isn't that guys don't want to date her. It is that everyone expects her too much from her. She is like everyone else, a normal person. She goes through the same challenges everybody does. Not everyone is can be a Romeo or Casanova, and it is refreshing for everyone else to know that is okay through her music.

March 7, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Reply
    • mary

Would said guys are hesitant to date her? I don't know any guy that would refuse to go out with Taylor Swift!

March 9, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Reply
    • AnnMarie

If she never told the media who the songs were about would that be okay? Would her songs then be like anybody elses? She stopped telling the media who the songs were about because of these types of responeses.

March 9, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Reply
    • selena

People are so focused on the few songs written about the actual break up that they miss the songs that are about her experience of the actual relationship and how sweet or confusing it was from her point of view.

March 9, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Reply
  10. Kelly

I agree about Taylor Swift getting a sense of humor. Afterall, she is mocking her ex boyfriends...they don't seem to get too upset...but disagree about her having talent.

March 7, 2013 at 10:29 am | Reply