October 2nd, 2013

Biker: SUV driver 'was a maniac'

Jerome Davis, is a motorcyclist who says he was riding with the biker group from the SUV chase speaks to Erin Burnett about what he saw.

Filed under: Biker vs. SUV • Crime • Justice • News
  1. Smith

kudos to the driver of the suv...too bad he didn't take down more of these clowns

October 9, 2013 at 3:16 am | Reply
  2. Pete

Face it...these particular bikers are morons! If I was put in the same situation with my wife and 2 yr. old daughter I would have done the same thing as the SUV driver did...Flee! I have no remorse for the bikers who got hurt. If they had been minding there own business they wouldn't have got hurt.

October 6, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  3. adam smith

The motorcyclist illegally passed the SUV in between the lanes then purposely braked into him (I'm sure there were motorcycles directly behind him that kept him from braking, but he shouldn't have to), then the bikers illegally detain the SUV and its occupants? I'm sorry, but the SUV driver should be lauded for holding his cool as long as he did. If you illegally detain someone, you can't complain about any resulting action as you have brought it on yourself. If you have a problem, you take down the license plate and call the police and hand them the video tape. You don't take the law into your own hands. Every one of the bikers that blocked the SUV should be arrested. There are reasons there are road rage laws on the books and the bikers broke a bunch of them.

October 4, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Reply
  4. Marv

I just watched this Video again with a fresh eye, that biker didn't brake check anyone he drove on in front of the SUV he slowed down, that suv was like to hell with that this guy won't get away with cutting me off, that was not a brake check at all, the SUV tried to leave the seen of the accident the bikers would let me he then drove over another one, they chase him down and gave him exactly what you give a man who just tried to kill one of their friends, people walk away this is without ad doubt the truth.

October 4, 2013 at 11:31 am | Reply
    • JMJ

Marv, you are full of it.

That biker pulled directly in front of the SUV and then proceeded to slow down while turning around and looking straight at the SUV. He was CLEARLY slowing down on purpose in front of another vehicle.

The most damning bit of all – that he did it in front of a camera. Do you think it is coincidence that another rider with a camera was right there at the start of this incident? No. This guy was going to try some stupid stunt and the guy with the camera was there to record it.

Even if the SUV driver had been at fault in that initial incident, the actions of the bikers following it STILL completely justify the SUV drivers actions. They surrounded his vehicle (which contained his wife and 2-year-old) and began to attack it – they slashed his tires, you can clearly see that at least one tire is flat at a later point in the video. Even if he were at fault in the first accident, he had a clear reason at that moment to fear for his own safety and the safety of his family.

October 5, 2013 at 6:49 am | Reply
  5. Columbusmaestro

I call BS on this guy!!!

October 4, 2013 at 9:02 am | Reply
  6. TJ MC CABE

I hate to speak harshly of those less fortunate but this guy is too stupid to realize just how stupid he sounds ! Plain to see in the video that the biker who was hit, purposely slow down rapidly. What did he expect was going to happen? Hate to see some one paralyzed but you reap what you sow !

October 4, 2013 at 12:03 am | Reply
    • Marv

If cannot prevent from hitting a biker on the highway who slows down rapidly as you say which makes no sense, when it took a howl six seconds of which the SUV saw the biker clear as day, to slow down or stop.

October 4, 2013 at 11:33 am | Reply
      • Jmp

"It took a howl 6 seconds". Ummm, huh?

October 5, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  7. Anthony

My response here was deleted, and it will probably be deleted again because I dare to speak my mind. There are honest opinions, that are, most of the time suppressed, but occasionally, not. The press has coddled these people and their actions for far too long, and it continues, until it is stopped. The truth shall set you free, it is the great liberator! There is no way that a professional, Asian man and his family became violent with a gang of New York city bikers. The man was running for the life of his family. These bikers are just another New York city gang of phony thugs. They should be dealt with swiftly and without subjectivity!

October 3, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Reply
  8. JT

If he was such a maniac, why didn't they just fall back and stay away from him?

October 3, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Reply
  9. Brent

This guy is full of it. These people were terrorizing new yorkers that day. My brother, who lives in Manhattan, was nearly killed as these asshats blew a red light. My brother and his GF were merely walking across the street and in turn nearly get killed by these guys. I have no sympathy for them. The cops should have arrested everyone outside of the hospital last night and thrown them in a dark hole

October 3, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Reply
  10. pcollen

It took me 1 minute watching this to decide it wasn't worth the time to watch. This biker was obviously 'late to the party', just riding into the incident from behind, and didn't have any idea what was going on or why. Saying the driver was a 'maniac' is simply his interpretation of what he say with no rational basis for that conclusion. I wonder what his reaction would be if his SUV, carrying his family, where surrounded by a So. Cal. Harley gang of whites beating on his car and breaking out the windows.....or perhaps a bunch of Alabama Rednecks carrying a Confederate flag. What would HE do to mitigate the threat ?

October 3, 2013 at 10:07 am | Reply
  11. jjohn conners

This guy is a liar.....plain and simple. There were numerous complaints called in to police regarding these punks all over NYC . Many were riding illegal. No license, tags covered, cutting off people, riding on sidewalks, going between cars at high speeds. We have all seen these punks on the "Rice Rockets". They run more illegal than the "Hells Angels". They are a pack of punk jacklels. Nothing more. There were several other videos of these punks riding like morons. None show the RR driver doing anything wrong. If anything he should have taken out a few more. And the "vigil" held last night for the punk that got smashed. Raised 400 bucks. Hey.....if he dies I will send a couple of boards, free, for his coffin !

October 3, 2013 at 8:02 am | Reply
  12. yabba

Dear lord this can't be happening. They're going to try to spin it like this? Only in this country can someone go from minding their own business to forced into an accident, threatened, trapped, assaulted, stalked, beaten and slashed in the face/chest with a knife in front of your wife and child and then it will be turned around on you.

October 3, 2013 at 1:29 am | Reply
  13. Steve Rock

I wouldn't trust Jerome Davis to mow my lawn, much less testify in court. He is trying to convince us that a guy who was driving in full compliance with the law, including a valid license and license plate, with his wife and child in the car, was 'driving like a maniac' – and that the 100+ thugs who were driving with missing or stolen license plates, and many without any valid drivers license or even street legal vehicles, and who have demonstrated on video time and again, a wholesale disregard for the law and other motorists – were innocent choir boys? Give me a F'ing break. At the very top of the list of people who I would never consider for employment of any kind, you can put Jerome Davis.

October 3, 2013 at 12:34 am | Reply
  14. Ran

Thank you Burnett for asking a simple question to which the whole world can see this "gentleman" is unable to answer.
    The question of whether he thinks this family in the SUV must've been scared...
    This whole face, charade if you may, that he is putting up for the show is not working. For me or for the public.
    Let me attest that I know many a few rough drivers- and even them WILL NOT TEST THE RESOLVE OF 30+ BIKERS. And double that when there is a toddler and a wife in there. This guy needs to either take better acting lessons or get his fabricated story better. I mean, put on fabric conditioner if you have to... To smooth the story up.
    Sheesh! And the comment about the wife and husband not showing remorse... Oh really?! You have that much time to gauge them in such a heated event. Hmmmm, I'm guessing this couple must be an organized gangster themselves.

October 2, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Reply
  15. Kendra

I can't believe this guy is on here trying to portray himself and his wolfpack as the victims and the SUV driver as the aggressor. And, it is so clearly obvious that he is lying about knowing the men in the photo.

October 2, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Reply
    • Marv

We live in a nation of some blood hungry maniacs, and the suv was one of them.

October 4, 2013 at 11:35 am | Reply