OutFront live Mon. – Fri. 7p ET

At least one person is dead and another injured after Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo space tourism craft crashes in California. Brianna Keilar is in for Erin Burnett.
February 25th, 2014

Brother on Ted Nugent: "He crossed the line"

Ted Nugent's brother, former Neutrogena and Revlon CEO Jeff Nugent doesn't agree with his rhetoric or all of his politics.

In fact, during our interview Monday, Ted credited his brother Jeff for helping him decide to change his ways.

"Whether it's my wonderful wife, my brother Jeff and John or Kathy (ph), my great kids or someone like you, Erin, and people around me, they think I'll be more effective if I back off that Detroit street fighter rock 'n' roll stage rhetoric," Nugent tells Erin Burnett.

Jeff Nugent is OutFront.

"It's a conversation we've been having for longer than you can imagine. And I think Ted referred to that last night because my advice to him over the years has been, please tone it down," says Jeff Nugent. And there's a line that you shouldn't cross. And his latest comments about President Obama and Hillary Clinton have crossed the line."

Filed under: Politics • Ted Nugent
  1. NATHAN WIMBERLY

What's new? Can't wait to see Sheldon Adelson,Grover Norquist and the GOBP stuff Jeb Bush down tea potty bumpkin wingnut throats 2012 Mitt the twit style.

March 27, 2014 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  2. Clarice

Ted Nugent is a legend in his own mind...always was. He's not even qualified to be a has been.

March 26, 2014 at 8:35 pm | Reply
  3. gahh

Ted Nugent uses a bow and arrow to hunt animals. Nothing could be any worse than being shot with a bow and arrow, but it fits Nugent's lifestyle of being a coward draft dodger, but can kill animals by watching them suffer before finally dying.

March 26, 2014 at 7:02 pm | Reply
  4. Nikki Hill Cincinnati

Ted Nugent crossing the line? Understatement of the year. Ted Nugent is mentally unbalanced, in my opinion-no matter your political stance.

March 25, 2014 at 9:03 am | Reply
    • kybo61

I knew he was in trouble mentally back around the late 1990's and early 2000's when I was living in Wyoming. He would roll into town with an entourage, drop $50K or so to a "hunting guide" and go on these "bow hunts." This consisted of him paying this "hunting guide" to take a pack of dogs and run a mountain lion to exhaustion. The cat would seek refuge in a small tree with the dogs baying at it, then he would saunter up and kill the cat with his bow. He would then pose with the dead cat, get all manly and talk about being a "conservationist." Made me physically sick. He is one of the most disgusting people still alive (Fred Phelps recently passed, so that leaves Ted and a few more select people like Pat Robertson, Michele Bachmann, Ann Coulter and Todd Akin - the "legitimate rape" guy). I'd include Sarah Palin but she's just stupid...

March 26, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Reply
  5. Helene

The only message that coward ever got across to me was that he was too much of a coward and thought he was to good to go to Vietnam. He shouldn't be able to live in America that alone run his nasty mouth. He is a coward and a traitor. Not one Vietnam Vet or any Vet should ever attend this lazy coward's shows or put any money in his pocket. And on top of it he is a child molester.

March 23, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Reply
    • Don

Screw you get your facts straight. He's done more for any cause than you could ever do.Bill Clinton now he was a draft dodger all the way fron canada.

March 28, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  6. sez you

When we get older we're supposed to get a little wiser. Obviosly this doesn't apply to old fat white guys with money.

March 5, 2014 at 11:30 am | Reply
  7. Carl

His brother does however agree that the president is not doing the people's work and he is not listening to the people. The CNN video cut him off when he started to speak on that issue. Interesting.

February 26, 2014 at 5:09 am | Reply
    • Sausage Jerry

Wait... wait... wait.. stop the presses. Someone disapproves of a president? Someone disapproves of this president? I can't believe that they didn't let the brothers of a crazy rock star give his opinion on a politician.. this is the stuff the people want!!!

It's no secret some people don't like the president, the reason this guy is important here is because he's commenting on his brother's silly antics and his opinion of the president isn't really all that important.

March 27, 2014 at 7:46 am | Reply
  8. Fred Griswold

I'd say "subhuman mongrel" does cross the line. "Mutt" might be a little more acceptable. "Neanderthal" would be even better, since at least it's accurate. Obama really is part Neanderthal, on his mother's side.

February 26, 2014 at 3:43 am | Reply
    • LittleMo

You are abominably ignorant. Disagree with someone's politics all you like but this is beyond "crossing the line." How dare you.

February 26, 2014 at 6:54 am | Reply
      • Fred Griswold

The truth is that Eurasians are all genetically part Neanderthal. Among modern populations, subsaharan Africans have the least admixture of Neanderthal genes; the Neanderthals never got that far south. Obama's mother was white, and his father was a black man from Kenya. That's why I said Obama is part Neanderthal, and it's on his mother's side. And if you're a Caucasian, you're part Neanderthal too.

February 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Reply
  9. Gary Rae Jones

It was nice that he came out and publicly aired that he disagreed with his brother's use of language in calling the president names, not surprising considering Jeff is a former CEO and understands business etiquette. In the end he did appear to be supporting his brother's beliefs against the president's policies in a thinly veiled fashion. This is the USA and of course it is okay to disagree with a political. But as Jeff Nugent understands, it is the way you do it that makes the difference.

February 26, 2014 at 12:26 am | Reply
    • Ginnie

So money should come before beliefs. On the other hand his brother is pretty successful too so are you saying he's not a businessman? This statement makes no sense. Both are very successful businessmen. One feels fear on a crooked government that might come down on his company. The other one speaks the truth and doesn't have a company to protect. Pretty scary when you can't stand up for what you believe in fear of retaliation from the Chicago thugs. Look how they try to persecute anyone that says something publicly. They ridicule and harass them and make false stories against them. This is a scary time to own a business in the "Land of the Free (unless you go against me)". And I see by the a lot of comments on this page not one of you would ever know, you just sit back and complain about people until your rights get trampled on. Only then will you wake up. I am a very successful business person and I would NEVER let your so-called "etiquette" hinder on my beliefs.

March 6, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Reply
      • linda

I think you drank the kool aid too. Maybe you should write for Stormfront too.

March 21, 2014 at 4:26 am | Reply
  10. Gary Rae Jones

In the end, it appeared that he agreed that Teds vocabulary might not be the most appropriate in getting his message across. It did, however appear at the end that he was at the same time indirectly attempting to stand by his brothers overall message against President Obama's politics, which is okay and a right as an American citizen when done appropriately.

February 26, 2014 at 12:19 am | Reply
  11. Joey at Purdue Univ

Hamburger Helper: [to Peter] Look, he's my brother. He didn't get enough oxygen at birth. He's never gonna be quite in step with the rest of us and this is sort of my way of taking care of him.

Peter Griffin: Well, that's nice of you, but it was so much simpler when it was just you and me doing our thing.

Hamburger Helper: I know, but just let him have this one. Odds are he won't even come back with the actual food.

Peter Griffin: Okay, Cheeseburger Helper, you're on.

Cheeseburger Helper: [jumping left to right] Yay! Cheese, cheese, cheese! Yay!

Peter Griffin: I'm SO SORRY FOR YOUR BURDEN. You're a good brother.

February 25, 2014 at 11:01 pm | Reply