OutFront live Mon. – Fri. 7p ET

An Air Algerie flight with at least 116 people on board dropped off radar after taking off in Burkina Faso. Officials say the plane crashed in northern Mali. Erin Burnett has more.
May 1st, 2014

Man acts as human chair for lady in elevator

Who says chivalry is dead?

One man in an elevator took the meaning of a "gentleman" to a whole new level.

CNN's Jeanne Moos has the story.

Filed under: Jeanne Moos • OffBeat
  1. Blogzilla

i'd be afraid at the possibility of her being incontinent

May 31, 2014 at 5:20 am | Reply
  2. Katherine

Awesome! What a gentleman. Most people wouldn't even have thought of being so kind. His mom should be proud!

May 25, 2014 at 4:51 pm | Reply
  3. Dirk Benedict

I do a different version of the chair thing with the ladies, on elevators...and for some reason I get arrested every time :-(

May 22, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Reply
  4. zulux

He was doing good until halfway through he told the lady...."It's my turn now"

May 20, 2014 at 10:33 am | Reply
  5. D.Moore

That's really sweet. Yet I got to ask, "Hey Medicare, why does she have a broken walker?". The type of walker she has is built with a seat and hers in hanging on the side (looks like with a with zip tie?). If it is not the type she should qualify for one since she obviously can't stand for extended periods. In the off chance that she is not on medicare her doctor should of highly recommended she get a walker with a seat. Nonetheless it was wonderful that guy was there.

May 2, 2014 at 7:43 pm | Reply
    • Derek

ANY TYPE of walker isn't going to help her if she can't stand for long periods of time.

Dude!! She is 79 years old!

My Grandma is 86 as of this May and is lucky to be able to shop for 10 mins in the mall WITH a walker and my Mom and Aunt's help, she can barely write these days as she shakes too much.

My grandma certainly could NOT stand in an elevator for an hour even with a walker, she has to lay down often as her legs give her severe problems. My grandma's much bigger than this young lady thou, I certainly give this guy a huge 'HIGH FIVE' for looking out for someone else's grandma!

GOOD JOB!