10 Things You Didn't Know About Erin Burnett
October 14th, 2014

10 Things You Didn't Know About Erin Burnett

Erin Burnett is the anchor of Erin Burnett OutFront airing weekdays at 7pm ET. When she's not in front of the camera, you can find her traveling the world and spending quality time with her family.

Erin shares 10 things you probably didn't know about her:

1. Growing up, my favorite role model was Amelia Earhart.

130531085354-01-earhart-horizontal-gallery

Amelia Earhart laughs before a flight to Northolt, England, in a DH 82 Tiger Moth plane on June 24, 1928

2. My favorite foods include brownies for dessert and Israeli couscous as a base for dinner.

3. I don't play any instruments now, but as a kid, I played the piano.

4. In college, field hockey was my passion. I played all four years and we went to nationals.

Erin played Field Hockey for 4 years.

Erin (center) played Field Hockey for Williams College.

5. I like to watch the Travel Channel, Discovery and Hallmark Channel at Christmas.

6. I read both fiction and nonfiction books. But more fiction. I enjoy a Scandinavian thriller, say, by Jo Nesbo.

7. On my free time, I spend every second with my son, Nyle. I love when he falls asleep in my arms, how his smile makes other people happy, and I love reading him almost anything. His favorites right now are Eric Carle's "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?"

8. I have been to more than eighty countries, but at the top of the visit list is New Zealand. I recently discovered I have relatives living there after traveling to the Isle of Skye, Scotland for our ROOTS special.

On the wall of Erin's office you can find a large world map with pins on countries she has visited over the years.

9. I grew up on a farm and my favorite pet was a cat named Andy. Once, he crawled in the radiator of a car, traveled 5 miles in there, and crawled out. He never left! Here's the poem I wrote for school:

Erin's mom loved her poem so much that she made it into a bookmark.

Erin's mom loved her poem so much that she made it into a bookmark.

"Andy is my little guy.

Even when I hold him high.

Even when I hold him tight.

Andy is my guy alright."

A young Erin Burnett with her cat, Andy.

A young Erin Burnett with her cat, Andy.

10. I can whistle a tune.

Filed under: Roots
  1. Dave R

How on earth does she have a show?
    She'll be axed next.

October 17, 2014 at 5:34 am | Reply
  2. Some guy without a tax haven.

11. I may have grown up on a farm, but now I live in the City, where I enjoy fawning over the rich and powerful, while making the occasional sneering comment about anybody who thinks they should be regulated, investigated, prosecuted and/or taxed a little more.
    12. Much like Maria Bartiromo, I quickly learned that C-suiters will buy you fancy dinners, give you expensive baubles and let you ride in their limos. All you have to do is never, ever criticize them.
    13. I think reading about an important breaking story off a teleprompter means I'm an investigative reporter.
    14. My advice to others can be summed up thusly: As you climb up the ladder, remember to kick out each rung as you go. You don't want to encourage any hoi polloi to follow you.

October 16, 2014 at 8:31 am | Reply
  3. Jake

By far the most disturbing handful of comments I've ever read. Please tell me someone else read the comments and noticed what I did. It's as if the four creepiest, weirdest, dumbest 39 year old bachelors on the planet somehow all ended up commenting on the same web page.

October 16, 2014 at 3:49 am | Reply
  4. MadhuSri

Pictures can talk a lot but when the location that in those pictures can even ZOOM the IMAGE a lot !

October 16, 2014 at 2:43 am | Reply
  5. Thurston Murray

Erin, I am a watcher of your show. You are very good reporting and it shows in the way you deliver the message. Good luck to you in your career, and your son has luck on his side, with you as his mom. Sincerely, Thurston

October 15, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Reply
  6. SFN

Those are lacrosse sticks, not field hockey sticks.

October 15, 2014 at 8:27 am | Reply
  7. Philip Lucy

I just watched a part of your roots show. I've been to Portree in Skye and it was the most beautiful of places that I have seen in all of the UK. Nice place to have roots.

October 14, 2014 at 8:04 pm | Reply
  8. Arik Fetscher

Want to be incredible I have no doubt never have in what the point of it all was!

October 14, 2014 at 7:41 pm | Reply
  9. Arik Fetscher

Congrats on yours but Arawas is more special to me and likely to the audience, you got what mattered to you as very Clinton like the rest of us didn't matter. All the best but I live in a place that feels the war. and cares about not letting them happen. Wish you and yours what you deserve. How do you think Damon feels while you sat behind a desk and didn't make an effort and thought foreign reports didn't matter, hey that Wall Street Occupier was great to make fun of, now a kid so the rest of us matter?

All the best from the pee ons,
    That actually make the world work

October 14, 2014 at 7:37 pm | Reply
  10. J.

-Well...according to "DownSideofFame" there really isn't anymore to say..."Such fascinating clarity." I fully understood the whole universe from Dr. Down's words herein. Almost felt like this is why I come to this site for such literate insights on our very precarious world. -Biblically, it says that in the latter times they will flee to the mountains and wish for God to take their lives...times will be so bad...it just doesn't precisely say where....

October 14, 2014 at 7:19 pm | Reply
  11. DownSideofFame

This is why we needed her help in the search for MH370... It took this page & the next...U had to have been a kid at heart to believe you could beat out...The Big boys with All there toys...& hundreds of millions of Dollars...yet we did...Bam. (2) pirate , in the search who wouldn't stop Until...

October 14, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Reply
  12. DownSideofFame

U are informed a little to much about Erin...lol & again U the general public's R. Informed of the headlines...elite negotiations...one of the best teams in the Game..& upon a variety of different topics of Public Interest; you are informed briefed , in the loop of World wide News & before any other news agencies releases....on post Cnn viewed here on the World stage..email Us U " R " PART OF THE TEAM. Contracts24@yahoo.com. A single Twine ( thread ) is weak : BUT braided strength increases dramatically...( The People's in one Voice ) Roars & Shakes The Earth...

October 14, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Reply
  13. DownSideofFame

From her friend,here's some more about Erin...from Michael Adams DownSideofFame she loves to travel.But yet every time she gets butterfly's in her stomache...she used to place a pillow case and image she was flying...she's a pirate (. 2) yes )pirate adventure searching for buried treasure...this is one one the reason she loves her job to give a report...she a little girl inside a honest friend... While in school she thought she was ugly ... She still pitch herself in the mirror ,and hates tell today , she's a blacket ( under the cover girl ) yet a tigarous ...in bed lol. ( Yepers ) ...lol. Ok I'll stop there Erin. I see u laughing. Mmmm. Smiles.

October 14, 2014 at 1:41 pm | Reply