September 29th, 2011

Piers Morgan Crashes Erin's Rehearsal, Confronts Her Over Trying To Get Him Fired

The man who–until now–had been CNN's "newest nightly name," Piers Morgan, crashed a rehearsal for Erin Burnett's OutFront, complimenting Erin on her new set and show–but also showing he hasn't quite forgotten the comments Erin made about him on Celebrity Apprentice. "You stuck the knife straight in my back," he said.

Piers (who was not "fired" by Donald Trump as a result of Erin's comments, but went on to win) had a few choice (but joking) words of his own, telling Erin he'd come into her studio and interrupted rehearsals to wish her "total, abject failure."

More seriously, Piers urged Erin to be true to herself and share her views on the news every night. "I just want to tune in at seven o'clock and get your opinion on what's going on. I'm actually more interested in your opinion than the people you bring on."

1. Angel Medina

Eric Jackson’s “VAPID” remark regarding Erin Burnett, clearly indicates he is not really familiar with Erin’s reporting: pleasant, thoroughly versed, with ample knowledge of the topics she covers.

I trust she will continue to be herself, regardless of news events. Thus, unlike Soledad Obrien who lost her freshness and no longer taken seriously after adopting a fake Walter Cronkite demeanor.

October 5, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Reply
  2. Angel Medina

Eric Jackson’s “VAPID” remark regarding Erin Burnett, clearly indicates he is not really familiar with Erin’s reporting: thoroughly versed, with ample knowledge of the topics she covers..... Pleasantly.

October 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Reply
  3. Kraig

Erin Burnett is great – I'll definitely be a viewer of her new show. Piers Morgan, on the other hand, is hard to take. Disingenious, blustery, and very much doltish.

October 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  4. alli

I wish her well and will be tuning in! Producers, my one request for the show: the camera constantly moving around Erin and Piers is dizzying in this clip; can you go easy on that for the actual show? I have never had vertigo, but I suspect all that movement could induce it.

October 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Reply
  5. joseph zolnoski

Erin is smart, witty and easy on the eyes, a winning combination

October 3, 2011 at 11:36 am | Reply
  6. krm1007

Erin is a wonderful person. I can't believe MSNBC lost her. I look forward to her show.

October 3, 2011 at 10:22 am | Reply
  7. Andy

I couldn't be more excited for this show. Erin is smart and has a winning attitude and will make the whole CNN Primetime flow that much more consistent.

October 2, 2011 at 11:35 am | Reply
  8. Angel Medina

If Erin Burnett were my only daughter, I couldn't be more elated. She possesses the personality and human attributes consistent with an ideal life long companion.
    When reading the news I caught myself applauding and literally jumping for joy in their behalf.

LONG LIVE THE FUTURE SPOUSES !!!!!

September 29, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Reply
  9. Michael

Best of luck Erin! I've missed you from SOTStreet am shows and I hope this gives you a chance to really stretch out and showcase your interests and opinions with serious discussions and interviews regarding the many daily issues Americans are confronting. C-you on Monday!

September 29, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Reply
  10. Joey at Purdue Univ

Not only did Erin's comments about Piers' character NOT get him fired by Trump, it actually caused Trump to FAVOR Piers.

September 29, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Reply
  11. Joey

I better not see partisanship on CNN. You guys are the last 24/7 news network in America. If you fall, Americans will have no news network anymore.. that's not to say they'll pretend they do. The Peruvians seem to be fine, happy, and uninformed (and dirt poor and uneducated and stupid) by having their media dominated by right-wing networks.. one even stopped airing the Inauguration when the liberal President thanked the media.

September 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Reply
    • gjoldha

I certainly agree. What I tune in for is objective news, not anyone's opinion - unless it is that of an expert/professional in the particular field that is the subject of the piece. That is what is the problem with the news on to many of the major "news" outlets today, including CNN. Too often all we get from these news personalities is obviously slanted bias. And when they go to their "expert contributors" all they turn out to be is political hacks arguing with each other and providing nothing that advances the discussion.

October 3, 2011 at 11:08 am | Reply
  12. Hydie

the title made me actually think there was some DRAMA....you fooled me. HAHA but glad to know its all goood! 🙂

September 29, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Reply