The Number: How corrupt is your state?
March 19th, 2012

The Number: How corrupt is your state?

An 18-month investigation conducted by the nonprofit groups Center for Public Integrity, Global Integrity and Public Radio International has determined your state's risk of corruption.

You can find a detailed look at the accountability of all 50 states here.

What grade did your state receive? Do you agree with your state's rank? What should government do to eliminate corruption?

Filed under: The Number
  1. thetruckinglife

is there a video that goes with this article?

June 3, 2012 at 10:13 am | Reply
  2. Andrew Holzopfel

I tried 3 times to send an e-mail to the Maryland site and it would not go.Is every thing corrupt.? I was a Maryland whistleblower and lost my job.Nobody would look at my evidence including tjhe FBI. My story is on my Facebook page not that anybody cares.

March 20, 2012 at 12:28 am | Reply
  3. Eduardo

I heard this segment and was disapointed by the comment about New Jersey. The presenter said that she could not believe that New Jersey came out as the least corrupt state, saying something like "Come on, the state that gave us "The Sopranos". Does she know that "The Sopranos", excellent as it may be, is a work of fiction??

March 20, 2012 at 12:04 am | Reply
  4. ym

Baltimore City is very bad. I suppose the rest of the state is, but my experience is with Baltimore City and I am astounded.

March 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Reply
  5. David Alston

The story I read about this study said it graded laws in a state regarding corruption. Not the actual corruption of the state.

March 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Reply
  6. Tom in Desoto, TX

I would say Texas is at least 90% corrupt, on most honest days.

March 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Reply
    • Ade

I agree with you man.

March 20, 2012 at 3:01 am | Reply
  7. Jay

So...I'm from New Jerksey and don't understand how the state where you get "jerked" scored so well in this poll. Just try to get your car fixed in that state or buy a pound of baloney at a deli.

March 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Reply
  8. MIGUEL SANTANA

BECAUSE IT IS TERRIBLE PROBALLY THE WORSE STATE WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO CORRUPTION OF POLITICAL OFICIALS INVOLVED IN YOU NAME IT FOR THE BUCK.

March 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  9. MIGUEL SANTANA

HELLO DO YOU HAVE PUERTO RICO RESULTS.

March 19, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  10. EricPaquin

RI only got a C, yeah right try harder RI'ers you need an F or F- because we all know how messed up RI is.

March 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Reply
  11. Ron H.

Leave it to Erin Burnett and CNN to play the race card on the shooting death of this 17 year old black boy. Yep if it would of been a white kid getting shot by a Mexican or Black we never would of heard a peep out of you hypocrites.

March 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Reply