Who is the biggest loser in the debt ceiling debate?
October 16th, 2013
  1. kory

Us americans who has to live week to week not like these poilitcions who never had to worry about anything.they are alll worthless

October 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Reply
  2. Dewey L.

If a republican is dissatisfied with their party or a democrat is dissatisfied with their party it is imperative that they vote Third Party. A vote for the lesser of two evils is a Yes vote for politics as usual. After all, if a politician says voting third party is throwing your vote away, that makes me want to vote third party even more . they want you to keep one of them in power. So America, Keep doing what they say ….they know best. You fools. Vote third party if you are disenfranchised with “your” party.

October 16, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Reply
  3. Joey at Purdue Univ

Well, I HOPE we're not at the 2nd to last paragraph of pg 502 of Sorkin's "Too Big To Fail."

October 16, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  4. Dewey L.

Did I hear a senator will introduce a bill to give individuals a one year grace period? What a smack in the face of Republicans who negotiated by bully Democrats. Let the general populace think republicans lost everything but slide this quietly in for passage.

October 16, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Reply
  5. Stephanie Gov't employee

I feel the real losers in all this are the American people. As a gov't employee we became the "collateral damage" of the Republican Party. 800,000 Americans!!!
    And Erin with all respect to you please stop saying that gov't employees will be paid for being on vacation. This is anything but a vacation!!! Worrying about when I will be returning to work, if my disable husband is going to get his disability check is far from a vacation mentality.

October 16, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Reply
  6. Lyn Hillman

I cannot believe you just said that federal employees were getting paid for a "vacation" after we had done no work. A vacation is when you are free to do with your time as you will, not stand by every day, glued to a news outlet, to figure out when you have to go back to work. In federal employment, you are PAID for a vacation through leave. We were not allowed to take leave (even if we had vacation time on the books) during the shutdown. Believe me, when 6/10 of my paycheck showed up yesterday, which didn't include pay for hours I worked on October 1, I didn't feel like I'd been on vacation. You showed your complete ignorance and PERMANENTLY LOST A VIEWER. Your obviously spewing your own opinion, and not fact. EDUCATE YOURSELF before you go on the air and malign 800,000 civil servants. FOR SHAME.

October 16, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Reply
  7. Joey at Purdue Univ

"A compass, I learned when I was surveying... It'll point you True North from where you're standing. But it's got no advice about the swamps, deserts, and chasms you'll encounter along the way. If, in pursuit of your destination, you plunge ahead heedless of obstacles, and achieve nothing more than to sink into a swamp? What's the use of knowing True North?"

October 16, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Reply