December 23rd, 2013

Georgia sheriff vows to stop working with A&E over 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension

"When somebody quotes the bible and speaks about the bible and they're punished for it. I think it's time for somebody to stand up," Georgia Sheriff Phil Miller.

In a show of support for Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, the sheriff in Douglas County, Georgia, is vowing to no longer work with A&E.

Sheriff says A&E not welcome in his county

Several of the network's reality shows, including "Beyond Scared Straight," have been filmed in Douglas County.

Sheriff Miller says that may no longer be an option.

Filed under: Duck Dynasty • News
  1. Tammy Chaney

Finally the police do something to be proud of!!!! Go Phil!

December 29, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Reply
  2. marky

Sounds just like the Taliban. In fact Robertson looks like a Taliban with that beard. Perhaps he could go duck hunting in Afghanistan with them.

December 27, 2013 at 3:36 am | Reply
  3. Lisa Barry

I think more of us should stand up for our right to speak what we believe in. I am a Christian women and I think if there was more people pushing what the bible says and we practice it in our homes with our families then this world would be a better place. I give this sheriff props for standing up for what he believes in.

December 26, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Reply
  4. peggy scott

good for the sheriff I stand behind and Phil Robertson

December 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Reply
  5. Ali

Its time we take back our country and get back to our Christian values. This country will be better off. Thank you to Sheriff Phil Miller.

December 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Reply
  6. Brenda Morgan

I will NOT support A&E. Not even reruns. I am 100% a Robertson supporter.

December 26, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Reply
  7. Candy G.

I commend the sheriff for his decision and support him 100%. He 'gets' what Phil was talking about and I think it's truly disgusting that A&E jumped so hastily to punish him for saying something that they basically asked him about. Did they think he was going to 'sugarcoat' his reply? If so, they have not been paying attention to the kind of person he is. He says what he means and if what he said was taken out of context, then people need to learn to understand better. I think a lot of people must be judging him on his past because they know he was a very sinful man back many years ago. From what I understand about 'born again Christians' is that they have to hit hard rock bottom to 'see the light' and change their misguided lives. I think there should be a whole lot of people out there that should give it a try considering the course our country is taking. People on shows that swear, make out in front of the camera and just plain act like idiots are watched religiously, but a person that leads a God fearing and God loving life is frowned upon and judged. Shame on all of you that are on that bandwagon, take a look in the mirror. Power to the Duck!

December 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Reply
  8. Brenda Buckley

God has not written a new "set of rules" to live by! No, we do not judge others, that is His job! We only (hopefully) stand up when people infringe on our beliefs by attacking Christians!

December 26, 2013 at 11:45 am | Reply
  9. Marie

Good for you! The Robertsons are a good family thru and thru. Their show is fantastic. The Robertsons have great morals and we love them and you for sticking to your 'guns'! We are boycotting them as well and will only purchase Duck Commander merchandise.
    Have a very Happy new Year!

December 26, 2013 at 10:41 am | Reply
  10. papa bugg

Taking God out of the Pledge of Allegiance? WTH is he talking about? this is the original pledge ""I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." it was this way in various forms from 1892 to 1954 then God was added........ so the first 62 years of the pledge the word God was never there. And on top of this, has this man watched the news, Phil has been put back on the show.......

December 26, 2013 at 10:23 am | Reply
  11. Timothy R LeDoux

People have a God given right to believe the way they want. It is time people start standing up for there rights before they are all taken away. A person has a right to be Gay, But we also have the right to Not approve of it. But that doesn't mean we don't still Love that person,

December 26, 2013 at 10:00 am | Reply
  12. dana

Good for you. I wish more people would stand up for their beliefs. We live in a country that gives a right to speak freely, but as soon as we do we are judged. There is only one person who has the right to judge. He sacrificed his life for us.

December 26, 2013 at 9:25 am | Reply
  13. Robert

Good for him. More people need to stand up for Christian values.

December 26, 2013 at 9:22 am | Reply
  14. Sheila

Good for you!! Everyone that can needs to let A&E know that their actions in regards to the Bible and to Phil are not acceptable!!!

December 26, 2013 at 9:21 am | Reply
  15. Gail Coffman

That was so very well put...and I agree with you 100%. It's time for Christians to take a stand on what we believe in. I am like you I am not judging anyone on the way they are living their lives. I have friends and family members that are guy...do I agree with their lifestyle... absolutely not ...but do l love them or feel any different about them NO. I do not treat anyone any different because of their beliefs or life style. I don't love them for what they are but for who they are. What they do or how they live is between them and God....and that is His call not mine. And I agree if you start to take the things out of the Bible that supposedly not longer applies to us in this day in time....there would not be anything left to read...to guild our lives by. The Bible is a guild line on how we are to live our lives sent to us by God. Right or wrong believer or not your day will come that you are standing in the mist of God and you will then be judge on how you have lived your life here on earth. like it or not that is just the way it is going to be...you can tell yourself I am wrong, you can say its just a book written by man, you can CHOOSE not to believe to justify the way you live. But the way I see I would prefer to believe that there is a God and find out I was wrong.....then to chose to believe there is no God and find out I was wrong.

December 26, 2013 at 9:18 am | Reply
  16. Leanne Marsceau

This country , was NOT Christian ! It was STOLEN from the American Indians .

December 26, 2013 at 8:55 am | Reply
  17. R. Stewart

Georgia Sheriff Phil Miller is far overstepping his authority. He anticipates abbreviating commercial activities based upon his personal, religious interpretations, which he previously supported and allowed. This completely bypasses legislative and judicial review. to say nothing of the many rights to commercial activity. If he lifts one finger against these commercial activities, he should be put up on Federal charges immediately.

December 25, 2013 at 8:45 am | Reply
  18. Shane

Fire the Sheriff! This whole Duck Dynasty Chaos has been getting out of hand for too long! Mr. Robertson should have thought about his wording before going public! Why can't the world focus on more important things than a back woods celeb and his opinion! Seriously wake up America!

December 24, 2013 at 9:58 am | Reply