Erin Burnett is the anchor of Erin Burnett OutFront airing weekdays at 7pm ET. When she's not in front of the camera, you can find her traveling the world and spending quality time with her family.
Erin shares 10 things you probably didn't know about her:
1. Growing up, my favorite role model was Amelia Earhart.
2. My favorite foods include brownies for dessert and Israeli couscous as a base for dinner.
3. I don't play any instruments now, but as a kid, I played the piano.
4. In college, field hockey was my passion. I played all four years and we went to nationals.
5. I like to watch the Travel Channel, Discovery and Hallmark Channel at Christmas.
6. I read both fiction and nonfiction books. But more fiction. I enjoy a Scandinavian thriller, say, by Jo Nesbo.
7. On my free time, I spend every second with my son, Nyle. I love when he falls asleep in my arms, how his smile makes other people happy, and I love reading him almost anything. His favorites right now are Eric Carle's "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?"
8. I have been to more than eighty countries, but at the top of the visit list is New Zealand. I recently discovered I have relatives living there after traveling to the Isle of Skye, Scotland for our ROOTS special.
9. I grew up on a farm and my favorite pet was a cat named Andy. Once, he crawled in the radiator of a car, traveled 5 miles in there, and crawled out. He never left! Here's the poem I wrote for school:
"Andy is my little guy.
Even when I hold him high.
Even when I hold him tight.
Andy is my guy alright."
10. I can whistle a tune.