On the night of September 11, 2012 Ambassador Chris Stevens, former Navy Seals Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods and Information Officer Sean Smith were murdered in Benghazi, Libya. What happened that night? Could it have been prevented? And who was to blame? Erin Burnett hosts CNN’s exclusive documentary, “The Truth About Benghazi”.
Thirteen years ago today, four planes hijacked by terrorists took their suicide mission across the northeast, striking landmarks at the heart of the country. It was the worst terror attack on the homeland in our history.
Years later, on another 9/11, another attack left four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens dead when militants stormed the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi.
CNN's Erin Burnett has more.
The U.S. is interrogating the alleged mastermind of the 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
Ahmed Abu Khatallah, a man seen on OutFront last year, was captured over the weekend. Officials say this included luring him to a location to minimize others getting injured and that no shots were fired during the operation. He'll be taken to the U.S. within days.
President Obama says he will face the full weight of the U.S. justice system for the attack that left four Americans dead.
We first told you about Abu Khattallah in our OutFront documentary, The Truth About Benghazi, last year. It contained his only recorded interview with any television network in the world.
Arwa Damon is the reporter who spoke to him in that interview and is OutFront tonight with this exclusive report.
Hillary Clinton's preemptive strike.
The former U.S. Secretary of State is taking on critics who continue to question her role in the 2011 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
In a chapter of her upcoming book obtained by Politico, Clinton accuses Republicans of exploiting the tragedy.
She writes in part, "I will not be a part of a political slugfest on the backs of dead Americans. It's just plain wrong, and it's unworthy of our great country."
Outfront, CNN Political Analyst John Avlon.View my Flipboard Magazine.
More than a year after four Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, no one has been brought to justice.
Now a new investigation by the New York Times is raising even more questions.
According to the report, there is "no evidence that al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault…" and it “…was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam."
This contradicts what many critics of the administration have been saying for months.
Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz is one of those critics.